Monday 6 July 2009

The Watchmen


I just watched a movie called Watchmen at home yesterday night. It was a long, extremely violent, and smartly made movie. It was unlike any other superheroes movies, it tells superheroes stories but in another way. Probably one of the best comic book adaptation ever made.

This movie was in cinema 4 months ago... everyone is talking about it that time, I've watched the trailers, and read people's reviews about the comic books and movies... most of the reviews were positive and some of them said it's better than The Dark Knight. (no way...) So it does make you feel "can't wait to watch it in cinema" but instead I watched it yesterday in front of my laptop...

You may think the watchmen is something typical superheroes movie fighting against a bunch of villians. Well it's actually more than that. I never read the book before but what I watched in the film amazed me. Everytime it makes me wonder what is gonna happen next. The movie has a well-designed storyline tells about a group of somewhat retired custome heroes trying to find out who's might be out there to kill them after one of their members was killed. Meanwhile the coldwar and nuclear threat is at is highest. Some of the Watchmen try to end this war by... (not telling it all). Its genre is to demonstrate the differences between heroes and villians, which there's no difference between them. Even heroes can have different ideology about peace, war, humanity and justice.

There're a lot of great classic songs, Simon and Grafunkel's "Sound of Silence", Jimi Hendrix's "all along the watchtower" & Bob Dylan's "the times they're a changin" and many others... the musics were rock!!! There's one character in this movie called Rorschach, one of my favourite... his ability is to use anything around him available at the time and transfrom it into a weapon. He has been using cooking oil, tray and toilet bowl. He's really cool and cruel!!! I get a goosebump watching him killin'... damn he's good! One of his notable line is " I'm not locked in here with you, You're locked in here with ME!" (don't understand, watch it...)

"Who watches the Watchmen?" I hope everyone do watch it. A great movie it is in sum.

No comments:

Post a Comment