Monday 28 March 2011

A Train to Anfield...

A brilliant video made by one of the Liverpool Fans/ Kopites... A poem talking about his train journey to Anfield, Liverpool... YNWA





I put on my shirt and with ticket in hand
I head to the station for the Promised Land.

The destination Anfield, my home from home,
With 34 thousand friends I’m never alone

The train door slides open and on I get
A train filled with memories of Kopites I’ve met,

The wheels start rolling, we’re on our way,
Come on you reds this is Liverpool’s day!

Station by station the train starts to crowd,
Full up with kopites I start to feel proud,

For this badge on my crest is a family crest,
A family so great its simply the best,

With passion so strong, we all stand tall,
You’ll never walk alone just says it all,

As Sandhills Approaches, where the soccer bus waits
I’ll soon be there at them Anfield gates

And when I arrive I just have to stop,
and look up with pride at the towering Kop

My home from home, I’m finally here,
As Anfield echoes with sounds of cheers

I stand in the Kop, scarf held high
You’ll never walk alone you’ll hear me cry

Shankly and Paisly both looking down
This place in their hearts, this historic ground…

I look to the skies and start to pray
That our glory days will return one day……..  


by- Bezwaldo, Kopites 
YNWA

No comments:

Post a Comment