Tuesday 8 September 2009

My Childhood Anime... Iron Leaguer!!!

When Ah Peng came to Bristol last month, we've a pretty good chat about almost everything! One of them is this anime, Iron Leaguer !!! We watched it on Astro every Saturday morning when we were still in primary school. He reminds me of a bunch of robot athletes play various type of sports and duke it out in the tournament. They are a team which play fairly, teamwork and with heart(sounds ridicous, right?) against a team which monopoly the tournament playing dirty tricks and unfairly. The anime mostly involving baseball and football. Well, the point of watching this anime is their finisher moves which I think is cool when I was small. I also remember I bought Magnum Ace action figure last time!!! Really passionate about these robots at that time!!!(and now as well!!!)

This anime aired on TV 15 years ago!!! When we're chatting in Bristol, he told me that he couldn't find this anime now as it's becoming less popular and not many people collect this anime at that time. But I found it days ago on tudou, bloody excited...! Well, I told him the other day and he said he already start downloaded the whole anime... =.= WTF... We both are a bit dissapointed as the anime does Japanese speaking with Chinese subtitle instead of Cantonese which it's different from what we watched years ago. Well it's a non-logical robot sports anime, imagine a robot saying that "we must have sportmanship!" Adults would probably found this nonsence... Luckily the cartoonist didn't put robot/human romance, that would be even ridiculuos!


4 comments:

  1. u still have the link to watch this? suddenly craving for this show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My childhood anime too =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love iron leaguer when I was a child in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the episode of 37. Magnum Ace defeat the stray golf leaguer, Thirteen. Episode 38 all the stray leaguer play fair and episode 50, Mach Windy is my favourite and he was interview a stalker reporter girl named Georgie Island and Magnum missed his 2 brothers, the Fighter Brothers. That is all.

    ReplyDelete