Tuesday 30 June 2009

RIP MJ


On 25th June 2009, SC and me were on a bus on our way back to Tooting Broadway after our dinner. That time was around 11 o'clock, there's a girl sit in front of us talk loudly on her phone "what?he's dead? it's official?" a white guy who sit in front of us get shocked and staring at her just like us and thinking "what's wrong with her?"

After a few stops, there's a group of party animals get on the bus and start saying someone was dead...(strange, isn't it) Then the white guy start asking one of them about who's dead? We didn't hear clearly the name but people start discussing about it... "I heard from skynews","what about his concert"... Me and SC start getting curious about it and in the middle of talking, I saw that white guy texting "Micheal Jackson" on his phone... I was shocked and start telling SC about the name and she was thinking the same thing... To reconfirm the news, I called Derek and help me to check the news online. In the end we found out it's true, the king of pop has died after suffering a cardiac arrest in LA..

I think no one wouldn't know him... MJ is famous in the 80s, 90s like everyone in my generation is talking about him... but not much memory about MJ from me when I was a kid... The one that I remembered deeply is his music video "black or white" played multiple times by my uncle on my home TV... Gosh...! Then, I remembered there's a song from "Free Willy" movie by MJ, and all his visual effects done on most of his MV... it's incredible, even you've seen him once or twice on TV, you'll get attracted by his move and becomes one of his fans... how could anyone not impressed by his voice, his dance and his entertaining performace...

When I was in high school, I start knowing more about this guy, from TV, newspaper & media... a lot of bad publicities... I love his music but when I heard that he confess that he sleeps in the same bed with boys, really feel weird about MJ... Then people start less noticing about him... Until now, after his death people start listening back to his songs, buying his CDs, in just one night Amazon.co.uk top 10 downloaded songs were all MJ's songs, his greates hits surged from spot 141 to the top spot and his vinyl record's price soar 600%...
but sadly he will never know he's back in famous once again just like the 80s and 90s...

It's been almost 5 days now since his death, there are lots of people who pay tribute to him but some commented not in a way we wanted to see, like some people commented on Facebook "get over it, people died everyday and how come you people can't be more open-minded", and some commented about his funeral following Islamic ritual and etc. It's time to left ugly things and moral condemnation aside, and start appreciate what a king performer has brought to so many... If the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ once said by John Lennon... Then I think Michael Jackson would be an icon and even more famous than the Beatles...

Thank you for the songs, MJ... What a legend you are... RIP...

MJ's signature moonwalk and Billie Jean...

MJ's "Ben" is one of my colleagues' favourite song... It doesn't show his incredible dance moves but his sincere and gentle voice does touch our heart... we'll certainly miss you...


No comments:

Post a Comment